About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of more than 13,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the role
Do you have a secret talent to build relationships and negotiate great deals?
Help us build the Sub-Saharan Africa (with a focus on Southern African) success story!
The main assignment is to originate and be accountable for all aspects of quoting on profitable, growth-oriented business and actively manage a portfolio of clients.
You will be a sales leader with responsibility for building and managing the relationship and client strategy with assigned client(s). You will lead all aspects of the client relationships including being responsible for those client(s)’ technical and financial results while leading cross functional resources.
- Responsible for developing and managing the relationship and client strategy with assigned client(s)
- Effectively drive “right services right client” approach to market by not only understanding client needs, but also having a great understanding of internal resources needs and capacity
- Advise assigned clients on the full spectrum of Swiss Re products and differentiating solutions to meet their strategic growth aspirations and Swiss Re’s business objectives;
- Profit center responsibility and accountability for business of assigned client(s) including planning and budgeting.
- Identify innovative solutions to increase market penetration and new business opportunities
- Drive innovative product development initiatives with identified clients.
- Own the quote process for opportunities using technical expertise to support costing, review, and approve quotes within own authority
- Originate new opportunities/business in Core, Solutions and Transactions
- Drive and manage the accounts actively (and strategically), including coordination of OTRs
- Responsible to run the costing for quotes up to his/her authority level:
- This includes CPT runs, documentation and QT handling as appropriate
- Ensuring application of guidelines and clean governance
- Co-ordinate and submits eBoard referrals as needed
- Coordinate input from Functional Experts (BS, BM, UW, Claims, C&W, TA, etc)
- Financial acumen (an actuarial qualification will be advantageous) with minimum 6 years’ experience across different functions in the life and health insurance industry of which at least 2 years should be experience in business development
- Knowledge of negotiation techniques like WAP, MFP, etc.
- Actuarial Pricing and product development skills and experience in applying the Actuarial control cycle.
- Experience in dealing with complex deals.
- Ability to pro-actively originate Solutions and Transactions in addition to Core reinsurance business
- Pro-active “hunting” attitude and ability to read people and build new relationships with excellent marketing and sales skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, capability to influence a wider team and present a business case to senior management
- Be willing to travel extensively within Southern Africa
Preference will be given to employment equity candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of religion, national origin, gender, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Swiss Re offers modern work models and attractive work places that allow all employees to adapt to changing work preferences and life phases.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Reference Code: 97341