Purpose of the role:
A full-time incumbent to take ownership of increasing the brand’s market share by selling appropriate risk solutions to prospective commercial-line insurance clients and managing the service delivery of the client acquisition portfolio. The company requires fully qualified commercial insurance experts to accelerate its growth and market-competitive strategies for its commercial-line client portfolio over the next five years.
Key Performance Areas:
- Actively source prospective new business commercial-line insurance clients (e.g. E-Hailing, HVC, Transport & Logistics, Schools, Hospitality, Agriculture, special classes, etc.)
- Develop and implement a proactive sales plan according to agreed targets (SPV)
- Strive to exceed the agreed new business targets (SPV)
- Provide after-sales service to ensure new business vest
- Identify and build a relationship with partners
- Write quality new business aligned to sales/marketing plan
- Negotiate with insurers re-premium and quotations
- Up- and cross-selling on existing and new business
- Load policies, amendments, and endorsements on the system promptly
- Ensure 1st premium payment processes and debits are discussed and agreed upon with the clients
- Ensure data integrity on all systems
- General correspondence and e-mails to clients according to company standards
- Responsible for proactive underwriting.
- Responsible for reactive underwriting.
- Adhere to underwriting criteria – FAIS requirements and set company standards
- 5 years of working experience in a commercial-lines insurance brokerage firm
- 5 years of working experience in the new business development occupational sector
- Higher Certificate in Short-Term Insurance (NQF 5)
- RE: Representatives