Level 7 Diploma/Bachelors degree with a professional teaching qualification for Grade 10-12 Computer Application Technology & Information Technology and at least 2-3 years of teaching experience in these subject fields. Experience in teaching and knowledge of Grade 10-12 Computer Application Technology & Information Technology curriculum is required.
- Subject knowledge,
- Understanding of the requirements of the various phases,
- Experience of assessment in fields of study,
- Good understanding of the requirements of CAPS,
- Insight into the application of the various cognitive levels,
- Registered with the South African Council of Educators,
- Fluent in Afrikaans & English.
- Computer Literacy (essential): MS Excel, MS Word, MS Outlook, Internet services
The ability to:
- attend to detail
- follow through
- be accurate
- be deadline driven
- Manage quality assurance of allocated subjects.
- Manage client queries and communication for relevant subjects including email, telephonic and other communication / interaction
- Provide advice on possible improvements.
- Undergo training and professional development (where required).
- Attend organisational meetings (where required).
- Understand and apply CAPS and the assessment requirements as indicated in the study material and/or facilitators’ guides.
- Investigate, research, suggest, apply and advise on new trends, products and technologies relevant to the allocated phase(s) of education.
- Engage in sound interaction with the rest of the business to report relevant tasks and inform where required.
- Manage and communicate risks that need to be addressed to line managers.
- Development of study notes and assessment plans.
- Be involved in the marketing of products and academic services of the company on a limited scale where necessary.
- Provide academic support or advice regarding relevant products for e.g. GuidedLearning, Products, PATS & Orals