- To align the IT strategy to a business strategy and define IT systems architecture to support that strategy.
- The Enterprise Architect will link the business mission, vision, strategy, and processes to its IT strategy and document this using multiple architectural models or views that show how the current and future needs of an organization will be met in an integrated, efficient, sustainable, agile, and adaptable manner. To provide guidance and thought leadership to IT and Business stakeholders
Execute Architecture Strategy:
Assess and analyse business requirements so as to present architectural recommendations that are in line with the strategic vision for the enterprise and wider industry best practice
- strategic initiatives and map out strategic execution plans that satisfy business objectives for desirable outcomes.
- Understand the business, by being able to identify areas of critical business need and risk priority.
- Participate and conduct the necessary strategic workshops and engagements to develop and evolve the required enterprise–wide architectures.
- Lead transformation consulting engagements to support the roadmap and business case development for Enterprise Architecture services and assist the client in architecting next generation platforms including capabilities.
- Recommend assessments to gain insights into the client’s current and future states which will be used as input into technology roadmaps and business case for change.
- Define and maintain the appropriate technology architecture strategy to supportthe Business objectives and enable the overall Group IT strategy implementation.
- Communicate the relevant IT architecture strategy to all business and IT Architecture stakeholders.
- Present the immediate, tactical and strategic benefits to justify the investment spend based on total cost of ownership.
- Analyse emerging technology trends, risk mitigation strategies & architectures and assess the impact on the business environment.
- Ensure the execution of the defined architectures for the business is in line with the IT architecture strategy by engaging with various key stakeholders.
- Provide and regularly update approved technology architecture roadmaps to support the business objectives and the implementation of IT strategy.
- Track and measure the extent of compliance and manage deviations.
- Allow for effective and productive evaluation of vendor offerings against business requirements, principles and constraints.
- Be able to generate inventive and innovative ideas for new business revenue generating models.
- Be responsible for leading one or more architecture development assignments across the Group.
Ensure Architecture Assessments are conducted:
Perform required architecture assessments of recommended solutions / systems / applications.
- Recommend remedial action where it does not adhere to the relevant Group architecture strategy and principles.
- Track and report progress against agreed actions using appropriate risk register.
- Ensure that the application/systems, data and technology aspects of the IT Architecture are driven by the business priorities of the organisation and that the requirements driving the overall architecture are managed consistently and effectively.
- Develop an Enterprise Architecture framework that support requests for enterprise wide or specific business unit solutions, and guide its adoption in accordance to differing levels of business unit maturity.
- Track and report progress against agreed actions using appropriate risk and decision registers.
- Represent architectures and solutions tabled for escalation, and factually illustrate areas of contention and debate.
- Facilitate the creation, maintenance of and adherence to architectural principles (across the enterprise and within the Information Architecture domain).
- Promote use of shared capabilities, infrastructure and applications to promote scalability, reduce costs and improve information flows.
Execute an awareness and advisory service to Business:
Map stakeholder engagement map and ensure that regular engagements are conducted with the relevant IT Architecture Teams, key stakeholders and relevant business partners.
- Plan and execute regular awareness initiatives focusing on relevant emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Plan and execute focused communications around specific architecture decisions,roadmaps and strategies to relevant stakeholders and consumers.
- Be the trusted Technology Architecture business partner to relevant Business Unit Chief Information Officers and Business Information Officers to provide appropriate architecture direction and recommendations to meet business, regulatory, legal and policy requirements whilst addressing the strategic objective to simplify the overall technology and application landscape.
- Collaborate with Business Information Officers (BIO’s) Business Information Security Officers (BISOs) and other Group stakeholders to ensure that services offered are relevant, timely, of appropriate quality and cost-effective.
- Provide input, as required, on large-scale projects and road maps for compatibility with the vision.
- Facilitate and drive the development of architecture position papers detailing definition, trends as well as current and possible usage of emerging technologies.
- Represent IT at Group Wide Governance Forums.
Define Reference Architectures in accordance with Architectural Policies, Standards, guidelines including the Architecture library:
Define and maintain reference architectures that reflect the respective business and technical domains within the ambit of enterprise technology architecture.
- Track and measure the adoption and compliance, manage deviations appropriately.
- Develop and refine the required Architecture Policies, Standards and Guidelines and ensure their adoption in GIT.
- Track and measure the adoption and compliance, manage deviations appropriately.
- Establish, update and maintain an accessible list of approved architecture patterns and reference architectures for controlled general consumption.
- Participate and or present in relevant IT Architecture or related forums where applicable.
- Act as liaison between Plan, Build, Run functions and various Governance, Control & Risk offices within the bank to promote continuous adoption, improvement and evolution of the Enterprise Architecture and resulting services.
- Define a set of re-usable patterns that can be applied to solve repeatable problems faced by multiple businesses.
- Reduce waste by identifying process inefficiencies and suggest areas for optimization.
- Manage relationships with vendors and suppliers to ensure full value of contracts is realised.
- Participate in industry education and networking events, maintain relationships with external analyst community and encourage continuous benchmarking of Standard Bank enterprise and IT architectures against peers.
- Facilitate inter-project, inter-process and inter programme Information Architecture integration across the respective IT systems landscape.
- Facilitate the creation, maintenance of and adherence to architectural principles (across the enterprise and per application, data and integration segment).
Stimulate and motivate IT Solution Architecture, Development teams and any other matrix team member that provides support to execute the architecture deliverable.
- Mentor, educate and coach team members.
- Be responsible for the management of EA’s where appropriate.
- Contribute to the development of talent management programs and succession plans.
- Provide thought leadership to business and the IT community as to how better use technology to address business and IT related complexities.
- Facilitate external input and vendor influence on architecture evolution.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree in technical/computing
- Masters in Computer Science or related IT qualification
- Masters in Business Science
- Significant experience as an Architect ideally with time in an Enterprise capacity. Track record in IT disciplines including data management, integration and large scale solution architectures. Experience with the complete information system life cycle.
- Architecture/Solution design delivery in large domestic or global institutions. Ability to deal with all levels of the business and technology stakeholders across large organizations.
- Experience in defining conceptual, logical and physical architectures.
- Proven ability to have led a business unit and team of managers managing diverse portfolio’s, driving group strategy and translating this to Business level for interpretation and steer of direction.
Total number of Experience: 10 Years
- Knowledge and understanding of the external and internal environment – global marketplace experience, developments and trends that could have an impact on the IT function.
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to
Calling on all…
Apply for select specialist roles that we are now recruiting for.
Consider temporary assignments in various areas.
We’re always looking for…
Register your interest for transactional banking roles – to be considered as and when vacancies become available