Implementation Manager – IRC194085
at 4 First Place, Bank City, Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa in Settlement and Swift Solutions
Ends 19 Feb 2021
About us, purpose, experience and qualifications
FirstRand believes that its people are its single most important resource and will not operate in a sector unless it has people who are right for that market and who share FirstRand’s business values. We recruit self-starters who have a passion for what they do. We empower them, hold them accountable and reward them appropriately. We value diversity in our people, particularly for the way that this contributes to innovative thinking. If you think you will flourish in our environment, and you believe you have the necessary skills and competencies for the position advertised, then we are looking for you! All suitably qualified candidates will be considered. Appointments will be made in line with the Bank’s EE Strategy.
To effectively coordinate and oversee the implementation of projects (new requirements and changes), which fall within the ambit of Settlement & SWIFT (S&S); i.e. critical projects related to SWIFT messaging and RTGS payments. To oversee, monitor and provide sign-off on final User Acceptance Testing (UAT) relative to the same projects, in liaison with FNB Commercial CJP Technology QA. Interaction with relevant resources (internal and external) to ensure smooth UAT and implementations. Post implementation support to business and relevant stakeholders.
experience and qualifications
- Minimum Qualification – Minimum Grade 12 or suitable equivalent
- Preferred Qualification – Relevant tertiary qualification and / or relevant experience
- Experience – 7 years of project experience and a proven track record of successfully initiating and implementing medium to large change initiatives
Additional information and responsibilities
There are no additional requirements associated with this vacancy.
- Involvement and contribution to the SDLC process for any change from beginning to end, therefore providing input, reviewing and signing off on business requirements and use cases
- Participation in industry forums relative to SWIFT, and matters relating to SWIFT and ISO20022-related standards
- Interaction with S&S team members, FNB Commercial CJP Technology and other parties both internal and external to the Bank
- Communication regarding implementations with all affected stakeholders and external customers, including general interactions (including quarterly status report) with SARB
- Contribute to Project Prioritisation with specific attention to issues surrounding project implementations
- Provide input to post implementation reviews and ensure that lessons learnt are applied in future projects / implementations
- Assist in the analysis of any operational or system issue, whether regarding a production problem or during the process of designing and implementing a change / project
- Responsible for S&S post-implementation (live) support
- Coordinate S&S (and stakeholder) Post-Implementation Testing and provide implementation support and approval
- Liaison with and coordination of testing activities between QA, S&S, and external stakeholders and customers
- Collaborating with and guiding FNB Commercial CJP Technology QA (QA) and external stakeholders and customers on any testing activities required for a successful quality implementation, which includes reviewing UAT test packs, test plans and test results and providing sign off on these
- Contribute to solution design using knowledge of S&S business processes and system flows to enhance solutions, in collaboration with FNB Commercial CJP Technology (IT) ensuring stability, resilience and futureproofing are considered