Create an improved, consistent and predictable branded service recovery experience to restore client satisfaction, to retain clients and to minimise reputational risk.Whilst the handling of these complaints is differentiated in terms of the service recovery experience, the fair resolution must still comply with the Complaints Management, Internal Dispute Resolution Process and Resolution /goodwill mandate requirements, Code of Banking Practice and various Financial Legislations.
- Ensure that all escalated complaints that the incumbent receives is effectively resolved through personal ownership to resolution.
- Continuously collaborates with both internal stakeholders and clients to keep them updated on the progress of the complaint.
- Provides a written response to clients on complaints raised within the stipulated Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Provide excellent levels of business acumen, product (depth and breadth is extensive and detailed) and service recovery knowledge and skills is a critical prerequisite in meeting service recovery expectations of dissatisfied complaining High Net Worth clients.
- Ensure 100% accuracy of information when resolving and capturing complaints on Customer 1st
- Adhere to procedures are in place to meet and maintain quality service levels and turn-around times. Strive for continuous service improvement
- Ensure effective complaint resolution – according to the laid down Complaints Management process for W & I. (Verbal and Written)
- Ensure all customer complaints are dealt with within the agreed turnaround time (SLA).
- Ensure effective complaint handling – complaint volumes received and handled within set productivity standard, Quality Assurance standards (verbal & written) and SLA’s.
- Drive the required behaviours to support the Executive Team and Coverage teams.
- Proactive follow up on all items (Complaints, Business and IT Incidents) outside SLA’s.
- Receive, investigate and ensure that all client complaints are appropriately channelled and resolved and that the frontline staff involved are upskilled to contribute to a positive client experience.
Risk Management and Operating Performance
- Limit potential losses to the bank by ensuring that laid-down policies are adhered to.
- Adhere to all control measures, to manage risk when dealing with clients telephonically or in writing, especially when committing the bank to a resolutionor outcome that has monetary value or high-risk exposure component (Ombudsman)
- Ensure that confidentiality of client information is maintained at all times.
- Make effective usage of performance metrics to maintain focus and improve on service delivery within OSS and the relevant stakeholders (SLA’s)
- Ensure proper record keeping and complaint handling in terms of all Regulatory Bodies. (Customer 1st and CRM)
- Understand and comply with the internal Complaints Management Process.
- Adherence to all mandatory compliance training deadlines.
Stakeholder / Relationship Management
- Ensure the ongoing development and maintenance of good relations with all the Executive Teams and other key support Business Unit decision makers and providers of information to aid fair and fast complaint resolution.
- Maintain professional relationship with the Top Executive of SBSA (i.e. to protect the Banks Reputation and ensure service delivery).
- Alert business, Root Cause Analyst, Coverage etc. of re-occurring complaints for awareness and remediation.
- Support and guide the RMs / AMs/ Business Units / Support Entities / CRC units/Executive teams by ensuring that they understand the complaints handling process and procedure as it relates to the various acts (NCA/FICA/FAIS) and the various Ombudsman terms of reference (OBS, Credit Ombudsman etc.)
- Establish and maintain good relations with Stakeholders in order to re-connect client relationships with Standard Bank by means of consultation and continuous complaint resolution improvements and provision of timeous and relevant MIS reporting. (Business Operational Risk Reviews)
- Ensure skills assessments and competency-based training takes place as and when required. (Liaise with Sales Enablement Specialist and L & D)
- Ensure that appropriate skills transfer initiatives are implemented.
- Builds organisational capabilities through evaluating likely future requirements.
- Delegate authority and responsibility in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all direct and indirect reports
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Degree in the following discipline : LLB, Risk, Compliance or General Commerce
- At least 5 – 7 years in a Complaints Resolution Management enviroment is critical
- At least 7 – 10 years banking experience in a client focused discipline
- training in Know your Customer, Consumer Protection Act, Compliance training from the banking community
- Sound knowledge of the Wealth and Investment value proposition and offering
- Sound knowledge and seasoned understanding of the Wealth and Investment banking product and investment offering
- Seasoned knowledge of branch and Ops Shared Centre processes
- Seasoned understanding of complex Risk Management principles and practices
- Seasoned knowledge of the Code of banking practice knowledge
- Attendance of all basic SBSA training courses e.g. Product knowledge, Credit, Sales and Service Excellence courses
- Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act
PLEASE NOTE: All our recruitment and selection processes comply with applicable local laws and regulations. We will never ask for money or any form of payment as part of our recruitment process. If you experience this, please contact our Fraudline on +27 800222050 or forward to
Calling on all…
Apply for select specialist roles that we are now recruiting for.
Consider temporary assignments in various areas.
We’re always looking for…
Register your interest for transactional banking roles – to be considered as and when vacancies become available